The average salary for an Early-Career Account Executive with Customer Service skills in Boston, Massachusetts is $49,435.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Account Executives Do?
An account executive usually holds a sales position, typically selling services and products to other businesses and individuals. Generally, the executive's company sets sales quotas that must be met to succeed in this position. The account executive may be provided with clients and/or carry out research and recruiting to gain prospective clients; some cold calling may be necessary. When prospective clients are identified, the executive must work to discover those potential clients' needs and ma…Read more
Account Executive Tasks
- Solicits and maintains contact with current and prospect key accounts.
- Sell the organization's products and/or services to established customers or new prospects.
- Track activity, prepare and maintain records for sales leads and account status.
- Handle entire inside sales process from proposal to close; reach or exceed sales quotas.
- Attend special training of products and/or services to understand technical aspects of solutions.
Account Executive Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Account Executives?
Skills in Account Management, Account Sales, Business Development and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Client Interaction.
Pay Difference by Location
Employees with Account Executive in their job title in San Francisco, California earn an average of 41.6% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Los Angeles, California (21.9% more) and New York, New York (11.8% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Seattle, Washington (9.0% less), Dallas, Texas (7.1% less) and Minneapolis, Minnesota (3.3% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 5 survey responses.
More Cities for Account Executive