The average salary for a Mid-Career Camp Director is $40,430.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Camp Directors Do?
Camp directors oversee the performance of a camp and its employees, perform various management and administrative duties, and develop curricula for campers. Their job is a combination of physical and mental work and takes place both indoors in office settings and outside in various weather conditions, including extreme heat.
Camp directors work with staff members in and out of the office, including assistant camp directors, subordinates, and the recreation director, and are responsible for main…Read more
Camp Director Tasks
- Manage daily operation of a day or overnight camp, acting as the main contact for staff and parents.
- Conduct evaluation of programs and identify areas needing improvement.
- Oversee the placement of campers into groups or cabins and determine their daily schedule of activities.
- Hire, train, and supervise camp employees or volunteers, including counselors, kitchen staff, and activity instructors.
- Plan and organize camp curriculum and activities.
Camp Director Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Camp Directors?
Skills in People Management, Program Development, Operations Management and Budget Management are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Hiring.
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Camp Directors?
An entry-level Camp Director with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $34,500 based on 8 salaries. An early career Camp Director with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $37,991 based on 122 salaries. An experienced Camp Director with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $46,388 based on 69 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $54,498.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 221 survey responses.