Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Cook, Institution and Cafeteria is $11.84
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Cook, Institution and Cafeterias?
An early career Cook, Institution and Cafeteria with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $10.89 based on 13 salaries. A mid-career Cook, Institution and Cafeteria with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $11.74 based on 13 salaries. …Read more
What Do Cook, Institution and Cafeterias Do?
Large institutions such as hospitals, hotels, and schools often have cafeterias for visitors and staff to order and eat food. Cafeteria cooks prepare and cook food for these guests that adhere to the relevant health guidelines and their institution's quality standards.
These professionals work indoors in a kitchen environment. They often collaborate with other cooks in the cafeteria and are responsible for documenting the ingredients required for the foods they are either asked to prepare or …Read more
- Prepare ingredients by washing, chopping, weighing, and measuring.
- Operate cafeteria's equipment to cook and produce meals.
- Maintain food logs, expenditures, and inventory.
- Clean and maintain work area, utensils, and dishes.
- Monitor food quality and test for doneness, serving in standard portions and presentations.