Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Deputy Sheriff is $55,100
What Do Deputy Sheriffs Do?
Under the supervision of the sheriff’s office, the deputy sheriff assists in the enforcement of all state and local laws that ensure public safety. Depending on the individual reporting structure of each sheriff’s office, the deputy sheriff is likely to report to a sergeant or lieutenant in the office.The deputy sheriff is required to use sound and independent decision-making skills throughout the day. Situations that require these skills are sometimes dangerous, and the deputy sheriff must …Read more
- Enforce all local, state, and federal laws according to procedure.
- Conduct community outreach, education, and public assistance activities.
- Patrol assigned areas and operate department vehicles as needed.
- Perform various physical feats to aid in the capture and arrest of suspects and known criminals.
- Investigate all reports, accidents, criminal activity, and emergency situations.
FAQs About Deputy Sheriffs
What is the highest pay for Deputy Sheriffs?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Deputy Sheriff is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Deputy Sheriffs?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Deputy Sheriff is $NaN / year
How can Deputy Sheriffs increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Deputy Sheriff is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Deputy Sheriff that oversees more junior Deputy Sheriffs, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.