What Do Desktop Support Technicians Do?
Desktop support technicians are usually the first people who are called when something goes wrong with a desktop computer in their company or the company's network. The duties range from remote desktop assistance to providing support over the telephone to troubleshooting issues that arise with computers. Desktop support technicians must prioritize the issues they receive. For example, a computer that completely crashes is usually considered a high priority over someone who can't figure out how t…Read more
- Format, install, set up, maintain, and troubleshoot desktop and laptop computers with and for end users.
- Coordinate with vendors to resolve problems.
- Add or replace memory, new keyboards, motherboards, and other components.
- Set up and troubleshoot domains, user accounts and software accounts.
- Configure, test, and troubleshoot network connectivity and wireless access for local and remote computers or devices.