The average salary for a Late-Career Director of Loss Prevention with Fraud Investigation skills is $87,293.
Is Director of Loss Prevention your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$65k - $159k
$5k - $28k
$65k - $187k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Director of Loss Prevention
Directors of loss prevention work primarily in retail organizations in which merchandise is in high demand, and their work is essential to these organizations to prevent loss of inventory. They are responsible for investigating situations in which products may be missing or stolen, as well as overseeing other loss prevention officers and performing audits throughout departments to ensure nothing has been stolen. They also record daily, weekly, and monthly reports for company executives which pro…Read more
Director of Loss Prevention Tasks
- Supervise and direct a team of loss prevention personnel, and evaluate the performance of individuals and the department.
- Develop and implement strategies and technology for reducing shrink in all of a company's stores.
- Coordinate investigations of stolen merchandise, property, or cash, with local managers and the police.
- Institute programs which reduce losses, such as discouraging internal dishonesty and teaching employees how to identify shoplifters.
- Oversee store audits of merchandise and cash, and ensure audits comply with company policies and procedures.
Director of Loss Prevention Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Director of Loss Prevention
Risk Management / Risk Control
Security Risk Management
Skills in Theft Investigation and Risk Management / Risk Control are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Security Maintenance and Security Risk Management.
Related Job Salaries
$41k - $102k
$32k - $71k
$51k - $150k
$34k - $69k
$40k - $84k
$38k - $116k
$45k - $170k
$33k - $68k
$41k - $119k
$73k - $199k