Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Human Resources (HR) Specialist is $50,640
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Human Resources (HR) Specialists?
An entry-level Human Resources (HR) Specialist with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $43,087 based on 69 salaries. An early career Human Resources (HR) Specialist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $48,427 …Read more
What Do Human Resources (HR) Specialists Do?
A human resources (HR) specialist is responsible to various tasks within the HR department. Working under an HR manager, the HR specialist focuses on a specific task or role such as payroll, benefits, training, compensation, recruiting, and customer service for employees. The HR specialist assists with daily operations of the HR department, which typically includes being the first point of contact for employees. Duties include answering general employee questions, data entry into payroll and HR …Read more
- Answer employee questions about human resources policies and procedures.
- Supports HR activities and programs; such as staffing, compensation, benefits, training and safety.
- Participates in developing new policies, procedures and programs.
- Coordinates projects and implements employee compensation, training and benefit programs; including communications.
- Supports and maintains HR activities and programs; such as staffing, compensation, benefits, training and safety.