Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Inside Sales Representative is $45,366
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Inside Sales Representatives?
An early career Inside Sales Representative with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $42,979 based on 31 salaries. A mid-career Inside Sales Representative with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $50,687 based on 12 salaries. An …Read more
What Do Inside Sales Representatives Do?
An inside sales representative works for a company that wants to sell a product or service. It is the inside sales representative's job to complete the process of that sale from start to finish. This may be done over the phone or in person via walk-in clients. The sales representative's job may consist of tracking down new sales prospects and maintaining relationships with potential future buyers. An inside sales representative is responsible for being very familiar with the product or service …Read more
- Sell the organization's products and/or services to established customers or new prospects via the telephone or walk-in business.
- Attend special training of products and/or services to understand technical aspects of solutions.
- Handle entire inside sales process from proposal to close; reach or exceed sales quotas.
- Solicits and maintains contact with current and prospect key accounts.
- Track activity, prepare and maintain records for sales leads and account status.