Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Media Relations Manager is $58,782
What Do Media Relations Managers Do?
A media relations manager is responsible for overseeing all communications from their organization with various forms of media, including cultivating and managing all relationships with media representatives. This person will generally work in an office environment and maintain typical daytime, weekday hours. Most organizations will require that their media relations manager have a bachelor’s degree in a field such as media relations or communication, and many require a master’s degree. These …Read more
- Write and disseminate content about the organization and its activities.
- Edit video, audio, and other multi-media content.
- Respond to media inquiries and develop relationships with media outlets.
- Manage social media and event planning, including special projects.
- Develop and implement strategies for increasing and targeting reach, awareness and impact.