Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an Office Manager is $17.40
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Office Managers?
An early career Office Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $16.63 based on 17 salaries. A mid-career Office Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $19.54 based on 12 salaries. An experienced Office Manager with …Read more
What Do Office Managers Do?
Aspiring office managers should have excellent communication, problem-solving, and managerial skills, as they are responsible for all activities, projects, and employees of their offices.
It is essential that office managers work well in fast-paced environments, as they must oversee several ongoing projects at once. They work closely with staff to ensure that operations are running smoothly, and they must always stay up-to-date on the statuses of all projects to report directly to the CEO or …Read more
- Coordinate space and office organization; purchase and manage supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate office and/or departmental operations.
- Review, track and prepare budgets; maintain records and databases.
- Greet visitors and callers, route and resolve information requests.
- Supervise support clerical staff.