The average salary for a Mid-Career On-Air Talent with Social Media Optimization skills is $46,200.
Is On-Air Talent your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$0 - $46k
$0 - $44k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for On-Air Talent
On-air talents are responsible for the daily broadcasting of a television or radio station to which they're assigned, and their work focuses on engaging the listening or viewing audience in a creative and engaging manner while maintaining FCC compliance for content. On-air talents are also responsible for ensuring that any contests or promotions are implemented properly and performing checks of various logs during their shifts, such as commercials or music; they are also responsible for ensurin…Read more
On-Air Talent Tasks
- Host broadcast events, drawing out participants and selecting appropriate questions.
- Respond to email and telephone inquiries and attend events.
- Research, document, produce, and follow up about proposed and completed stories.
- Keep conversations on point and within brand standards.
- Interact with a variety of audiences, participants, and staff to produce clear storylines.
On-Air Talent Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for On-Air Talent
Social Media Marketing
Skills in Broadcast Programming and Public Speaking are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Social Media Marketing.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 5 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$33k - $58k
$42k - $99k
$42k - $76k
$34k - $76k
$46k - $149k
$48k - $100k
$36k - $70k
$35k - $74k
$42k - $98k
$43k - $98k