The average hourly pay for a Relationship Banker with Customer Relations skills at M&T Bank Corp is $17.17.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Relationship Bankers Do?
A relationship banker is an employee of a bank or other lending institution that is responsible for dealing with customers on a one-on-one basis. This may mean being assigned specific clients or patrons and subsequently handling all transactions and assistance for them, or it may simply mean that the banker works in the front of the bank, dealing with most personal interactions that require expert help that tellers cannot provide. This is a position that has become more crucial for banks as more…Read more
Relationship Banker Tasks
- Qualify potential members for membership by opening checking accounts, savings accounts, IRAs, CDs, and processing loan applications.
- Identify the needs of members by cross-selling and up-selling products and referring them to a personal banker.
- Authorize, approve, and research transactions; perform overrides, approve check holds, and make check cashing decisions.
- Process a variety of teller transactions including deposits, withdrawals, payments and transfers.
- Provide knowledge of products and services to consult with new members to identify products and services that best fit their needs.
Popular Employer Salaries for Relationship Banker
The top respondents for the job title Relationship Banker are from the companies Bank of America Corp. (BOFA), Chase Bank and J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (JPMCC). Reported salaries are highest at Citizens Financial Group, Inc. where the average pay is $19.11. Other companies that offer high salaries for this role include J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (JPMCC) and Bank of America Corporation, earning around $18.30 and $18.00, respectively. Bank of America Corp. (BOFA) pays the lowest at around $16.91. Chase Bank and Capital One Financial Corp also pay on the lower end of the scale, paying $17.42 and $17.48, respectively.
Relationship Banker Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Relationship Bankers?
Skills that pay less than market rate include Customer Service, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Sales and Banking.