The average salary for a Late-Career Relationship Banker is $48,026.
Is Relationship Banker your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$35k - $148k
$805 - $37k
$1k - $13k
$493 - $30k
$35k - $105k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Relationship Banker
A relationship banker is an employee of a bank or other lending institution that is responsible for dealing with customers on a one-on-one basis. This may mean being assigned specific clients or patrons and subsequently handling all transactions and assistance for them, or it may simply mean that the banker works in the front of the bank, dealing with most personal interactions that require expert help that tellers cannot provide. This is a position that has become more crucial for banks as more…Read more
Relationship Banker Tasks
- Qualify potential members for membership by opening checking accounts, savings accounts, IRAs, CDs, and processing loan applications.
- Identify the needs of members by cross-selling and up-selling products and referring them to a personal banker.
- Authorize, approve, and research transactions; perform overrides, approve check holds, and make check cashing decisions.
- Process a variety of teller transactions including deposits, withdrawals, payments and transfers.
- Provide knowledge of products and services to consult with new members to identify products and services that best fit their needs.
Popular Employer Salaries for Relationship Banker
Relationship Banker Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Relationship Banker
Skills in Customer Relations are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Customer Service, Sales and Banking.
Pay by Experience Level for Relationship Banker
An entry-level Relationship Banker with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $37,282 based on 125 salaries. An early career Relationship Banker with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $38,240 based on 918 salaries. A mid-career Relationship Banker with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $40,358 based on 401 salaries. An experienced Relationship Banker with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $43,521 based on 296 salaries.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 1,740 survey responses.