What Do Restaurant Managers Do?
A restaurant manager is a person in charge of the daily operations of an eating establishment. He or she typically helps to hire, train, and schedule staff to meet expected business demands. The restaurant manager also sets standards for service and food quality and works with employees to see that these are met. He or she will typically also work behind the scenes, performing such tasks as handling purchasing, reconciling daily sales, and depositing restaurant receipts.
In most restaurants, a…Read more
- Hire, train and develop all restaurant staff.
- Create side work assignments and ensure completion with wait staff.
- Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings daily.
- Maintain all reservation systems and book to accommodate business demands.
- Maintain schedules, payroll and other administrative support to maintain food and beverage cost controls and inventory.