The average hourly pay for an Experienced Sales Team Leader, Retail at Target Corporation is $19.01.
Is Sales Team Leader, Retail your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$15 - $23
$32,272 - $48,494
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Sales Team Leader, Retail
A retail sales team leader holds a supervisory position directing the sales team in a retail environment. It is their job to help implement a company’s sales strategy and ensure that the rest of the sales team adheres to these guidelines. The team leader may be asked to help establish new strategies or contribute to existing systems; they then work to help implement and train the staff on executing sales techniques and services within this framework. Retail sales team leaders supervise the staf…Read more
Sales Team Leader, Retail Tasks
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales team and take steps to correct performance.
- Recruit, hire, and develop a highly-motivated sales team that consistently exceeds customer expectations and provides world-class customer service.
- Develop retail sales training materials to target low-performing areas and assist team members in improving their sales metrics.
- Oversee sales staff to ensure that all sales goals are regularly met or exceeded.
- Collaborate with upper management to create project plans and set appropriate benchmarks for sales team.
Popular Employer Salaries for Sales Team Leader, Retail
Explore the most common career paths for Sales Team Leader, Retail. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
Sales Team Leader, Retail
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Sales Team Leader, Retail Job Listings
Pay by Experience Level for Sales Team Leader, Retail
An early career Sales Team Leader, Retail with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $16.61 based on 49 salaries. A mid-career Sales Team Leader, Retail with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $18.18 based on 33 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $21.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 87 survey responses.