Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Senior Event Manager is $73,063
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Senior Event Managers?
An early career Senior Event Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $61,320 based on 55 salaries. A mid-career Senior Event Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $71,515 based on 206 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Senior Event Managers Do?
A senior event manager is in charge of overseeing all events for their organization. They prepare event documentation, as well as coordinate with customers to ensure they are fully satisfied with functions held at the manager's facilities. The senior event manager must communicate with the customer before and after the event; they often serve as the customer's primary point of contact.
The senior event manager must solve problems before, during, and after events as needed. They typically lead …Read more
- Plan and manage a large schedule of complex events, ensuring facilities are ready and expectations set.
- Assemble paperwork, gifts, registration, name badges, and other items for events.
- Assist with social media and marketing strategies.
- Explain and sell services and goods, building strong relationships with clients.
- Report on all potential and actual events, including budgets and staffing.