The average pay for an Experienced Senior Recruiter with Negotiation skills in Boston, Massachusetts is $88,052 per year.
Job Description for Senior Recruiter
Large companies frequently employ a senior recruiter to meet staffing needs across all areas of the business, ensuring that needed positions are regularly filled. Generally, companies that require employees across a wide variety of disciplines use a senior recruiter, as they can correctly balance labor needs with budgetary requirements.Read More...
Individuals in this position are likely a member of upper-level management within the company and work with a recruiting team. The recruiter and their team meet regularly with management in other departments and help them to assess their needs, especially regarding specialized and professional employees. They then formulate strategic approaches to attract the best-fitting prospective employees at compensation levels that fit within current budget parameters. Normally, the senior recruiter is also involved in the interview process, especially when the prospective employees would fill management and senior professional positions. The recruiter makes written recommendations on the hiring or continued recruitment of these personnel based on interviews and other face-to-face interactions.
A senior recruiter normally must have at least a bachelor’s degree in business, career psychology, or a related discipline. Larger companies may prefer individuals with a post-baccalaureate degree in business management or human resource as well. Because of the management component of this position, experience in human resources or on a recruiting team is also often required.
The senior recruiter normally works regular business hours, but the frequent need to interview and work with recruits on site means this position normally requires substantial travel. (Copyright 2018 PayScale.com)
Senior Recruiter Tasks
- Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring and business needs.
- Develop and implement hiring strategies to attract top talent.
- Advise managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures.
- May be involved in writing and placing advertising for open positions in publications; online and print.
- Source, screen and interview applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, and job skills for open positions; may utilize ATS.
Senior Recruiter Job Listings
Key Stats for Senior Recruiter