Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Social Media Director is $93,478
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Social Media Directors?
An early career Social Media Director with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $65,000 based on 15 salaries. A mid-career Social Media Director with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $98,611 based on 36 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Social Media Directors Do?
Companies and organizations use social media directors to help build brand loyalty, form a customer service strategy, and assist with building a larger market share and brand awareness. The social media director normally interacts with marketing, customer service, sales, and branding managers to help form a consistent and effective strategy that uses social media to help these departments execute their respective goals. Using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and …Read more
- Develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy, including projects and metrics.
- Handle brand and image crises rapidly to preserve networks and perception.
- Train and mentor across the organization to improve social media integration and usage.
- Create reports and integrate internal and external data and trends to guide initiatives.
- Lead social media projects, enforcing standards and monitoring progress.