Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Theater Manager is $43,284
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Theater Managers?
An entry-level Theater Manager with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $34,395 based on 41 salaries. An early career Theater Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $36,630 based on 63 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Theater Managers Do?
Theater managers are responsible for the general maintenance and profitability of their theaters, from finances and staffing to physical areas such as seating, lavatories, curtains, and outside entrances. They are also in charge of the theater's ushers, security guards, and custodial team members.
Those in this position must have expert supervisory skills to oversee multiple groups of employees and ensure a seamless theater experience. After the theater closes, the manager will ensure it is …Read more
- Negotiate and create appropriate contracts to engage all production personnel.
- Work with the Artistic, Production and Facilities departments in coordinating the yearly calendar of activities, maximizing the efficiency of operations.
- Work with the Director of Production, Producer and Line Producers to prepare, supervise and manage annual production budgets while maintaining strict financial discipline.
- Mentor and oversee all departments to insure that the theater is in compliance with all terms of its agreements.
- Manage relationships with artist unions, including AEA, USA, SDC and other appropriate associations.