Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Desktop Support Specialist is $23.07
What Do Desktop Support Specialists Do?
Desktop support specialists are in charge of providing excellent end user experience, which includes resolving potential or actual technical issues. One of their main duties is troubleshooting different software packages, hardware devices, and other peripherals. Additionally, desktop support specialists configure computer systems according to company policies. They must follow strict privacy regulations when it comes to handling sensitive data inside company drives. They help diagnose problems …Read more
- Create and maintain a variety of computer images for Windows and Mac OS systems.
- Evaluate new product versions and recommend upgrade schedules.
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Deliver support for reported problems with desktop computers, laptops, peripherals and mobile devices.
- Install and configure desktop computer hardware, software and peripherals using standard procedures.