Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Desktop Support Specialist is $52,495
What Do Desktop Support Specialists Do?
Desktop support specialists are in charge of providing excellent end user experience, which includes resolving potential or actual technical issues. One of their main duties is troubleshooting different software packages, hardware devices, and other peripherals. Additionally, desktop support specialists configure computer systems according to company policies. They must follow strict privacy regulations when it comes to handling sensitive data inside company drives. They help diagnose problems …Read more
- Create and maintain a variety of computer images for Windows and Mac OS systems.
- Evaluate new product versions and recommend upgrade schedules.
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Deliver support for reported problems with desktop computers, laptops, peripherals and mobile devices.
- Install and configure desktop computer hardware, software and peripherals using standard procedures.
FAQs About Desktop Support Specialists
What is the highest pay for Desktop Support Specialists?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Desktop Support Specialist is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Desktop Support Specialists?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Desktop Support Specialist is $NaN / year
How can Desktop Support Specialists increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Desktop Support Specialist is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Desktop Support Specialist that oversees more junior Desktop Support Specialists, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.