The average hourly pay for a Desktop Support Technician with Customer Service skills in Irvine, California is $23.97.
Desktop Support Technician by
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Desktop Support Technicians Do?
Desktop support technicians are usually the first people who are called when something goes wrong with a desktop computer in their company or the company's network. The duties range from remote desktop assistance to providing support over the telephone to troubleshooting issues that arise with computers. Desktop support technicians must prioritize the issues they receive. For example, a computer that completely crashes is usually considered a high priority over someone who can't figure out how t…Read more
Desktop Support Technician Tasks
- Format, install, set up, maintain, and troubleshoot desktop and laptop computers with and for end users.
- Coordinate with vendors to resolve problems.
- Add or replace memory, new keyboards, motherboards, and other components.
- Set up and troubleshoot domains, user accounts and software accounts.
- Configure, test, and troubleshoot network connectivity and wireless access for local and remote computers or devices.
Desktop Support Technician Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Desktop Support Technicians?
Skills in Help Desk / Desktop Support (Tier 2), Computer Hardware Technician and Help Desk / Desktop Support are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Hardware Configuration and Software Installation & Upgrade.
Pay Difference by Location
Employees with Desktop Support Technician in their job title in Washington, District of Columbia earn an average of 4.3% more than the national average. The lowest salaries can be found in Chicago, Illinois (27.0% less), Phoenix, Arizona (17.8% less) and Houston, Texas (15.3% less).
More Cities for Desktop Support Technician