Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Payroll Administrator is $58,983
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Payroll Administrators?
An early career Payroll Administrator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $46,976 based on 8 salaries. An experienced Payroll Administrator with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $52,072 based on 13 salaries. In their late …Read more
What Do Payroll Administrators Do?
A payroll administrator is the person who is responsible for ensuring that all employees within an organization are paid in an accurate and timely fashion. This is a position which will generally work in an indoor office environment. This administrator will generally keep weekday, daytime hours, though some overtime or extended hours may be necessary. A payroll administrator will generally work with other office personnel, as well as accounting and human resources personnel.
This person …Read more
- Ensure organizational compliance with federal and local regulations, auditing, and non-discrimination laws.
- Prepare payroll related reports.
- Process payroll, including updating employee numbers, hours, garnishments, etc.
- Record, maintain and update payroll procedures.
- Maintain employee records for new hires, pay changes, and terminations.