Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Small Business Owner / Operator is $29.66
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Small Business Owner / Operators?
An early career Small Business Owner / Operator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $26.30 based on 16 salaries. A mid-career Small Business Owner / Operator with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $25.72 based on 8 salaries. An …Read more
What Do Small Business Owner / Operators Do?
Small business owners and operators work in a variety of industries such as retail goods, auto repair, home inspection, and many others. Their primary duties (outside of their respective skill or trade) include managing employees, providing customer service, promoting their business, filing and documenting appropriate business accounts, and ensuring their business meets any local, state, and federal requirements. Small business owners may work from a storefront, office space, or even from their …Read more
- Oversee company operations, directing production, sales, administrative, and/or distribution activities.
- Oversee and/or assist with personnel management, including hiring, training, and performance evaluation.
- Oversee and/or assist with client acquisition and marketing strategies.
- Develop and/or assist with company-wide policies, procedures, objectives, and business strategies.
- Direct and review financial activities, measuring productivity, setting prices, and/or managing budgets.