Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Social Media Strategist is $55,093
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Social Media Strategists?
An entry-level Social Media Strategist with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $41,036 based on 10 salaries. An early career Social Media Strategist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $52,342 based on 159 …Read more
What Do Social Media Strategists Do?
A social media strategist holds a marketing position, generally within a medium- or large-sized company. They create social media marketing strategies that are carried out on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Google+, and Twitter. The social media strategist must develop promotions to gain new customers and retain current customers, which requires creating regular posts for various platforms and (often) interacting with customers in a professional manner on those platforms. When customers …Read more
- Develop and launch an adaptable global social media strategy for the company.
- Interpret site analytics and translate findings into reports.
- Promote active engagement through social media outlets by interacting with and responding to followers.
- Research target demographics and create relevant social media posts.
- Interface with the marketing and analytics teams to enhance reach and conversion.