Avg. Base Salary (ZAR)
The average salary for a General Sales Manager is R350,267
What is the Pay by Experience Level for General Sales Managers?
An entry-level General Sales Manager with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R354,930 based on 7 salaries. An early career General Sales Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R241,891 based on 81 salaries. …Read more
What Do General Sales Managers Do?
General sales managers oversee the sales department at a company or business. Their duties often include hiring and training sales employees, working with the sales team to ensure they meet goals and targets, compiling data from the sales team to present to upper management, and ensuring that the company is bringing in enough revenue. Depending on the size of the business, a general sales manager may also be responsible for general marketing duties, such as strategic planning or developing …Read more
- Plan and implement sales programs for one or more of the company's product line.
- Ensure execution of the developed sales strategies, plans and advertising and promotional programs.
- Develop, forecast and monitor budget and utilize operational resources.
- Maintain contact with key markets by visiting and investigating the operations and local conditions.
- Manage and train sales staff, implement sales incentive programs and goals to increase employee performance.