Automotive Glass Installer / Repairer Salary
Men make up the majority of Automotive Glass Installers in the United States, and the nationwide average salary in this area lies in the neighborhood of $14.55 per hour. Most workers in this position report high levels of job satisfaction. Unfortunately, some people in this line of work are without benefits — just over a half lack coverage. On the flip side, approximately one-half have medical insurance and roughly one in four receive dental plans. Figures cited in this summary are based on replies to PayScale's salary questionnaire.
Job Description for Automotive Glass Installer / Repairer
- Prepare and prime vehicle by removing debris from glass and window edges
- Inspect work to ensure the vehicle is delivered with a fit and finish equal or superior to the original factory fit and finish.
- Prepare installation by marking outlines or patterns and cutting glass.
- Verify and check parts before beginning repair.
- Install replacement glass in vehicles after removing damaged parts
Auto Glass Technician Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Automotive Glass Installer / Repairer
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
For Automotive Glass Installers, more experience in the field does not usually mean bigger paychecks. The median compensation for relatively untried workers is $28K; in the five-to-10 year group, it's higher at around $30K. For Automotive Glass Installers, 10 to 20 years of experience on the job amounts to an average salary of $40K. More than 20 years of experience mean a somewhat bigger median paycheck of $41K, but it's not much more than what less experienced people make.