Medical Scheduling Secretary Salary
Job Description for Medical Scheduling Secretary
- Ensure payment for services by verifying benefits with the person's insurance provider or working out financing options.
- Review, analyze and forecast cancellations, double bookings or changes in schedules.
- Explain objectives and procedures to interviewees, or forward questions to appropriate physician or staff member.
- Interview patients to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms.
- Schedule, confirm and maintain patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries and medical consultations for a specific department.
Medical Scheduler Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Medical Scheduling Secretary
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Respondents with less than five years' experience take home $28K on average. In contrast, those who have been around for five to 10 years earn a noticeably higher average of $32K. For Medical Scheduling Secretaries, 10 to 20 years of experience on the job amounts to an average salary of $35K. For some reason, Medical Scheduling Secretaries with more than two decades of experience report lower paychecks overall; the median sum in this group sits near $32K.