Medical Scheduling Secretary Salary
Job Description for Medical Scheduling Secretary
- Interview patients to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms.
- Schedule, confirm and maintain patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries and medical consultations for a specific department.
- Explain objectives and procedures to interviewees, or forward questions to appropriate physician or staff member.
- Ensure payment for services by verifying benefits with the person's insurance provider or working out financing options.
- Review, analyze and forecast cancellations, double bookings or changes in schedules.
Medical Scheduler Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Pay by Experience Level for Medical Scheduling Secretary
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Those in the early stages of their career can expect to make around $27K; however, individuals with five to 10 years of experience bring in $32K on average — a distinctly larger sum. For Medical Scheduling Secretaries, 10 to 20 years of experience on the job amounts to an average salary of $35K. Survey respondents who have worked for more than 20 years actually report somewhat lower incomes of $32K.
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Medical Scheduling Secretary
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 6 votes.