Medical Scheduling Secretary Salary
© PayScale, Inc. @ www.payscale.com
|Hourly Rate||$9.48 - $19.77|
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|$20,167 - $41,682|
Job Description for Medical Scheduling Secretary
- Interview patients to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms.
- Schedule, confirm and maintain patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries and medical consultations for a specific department.
- Explain objectives and procedures to interviewees, or forward questions to appropriate physician or staff member.
- Ensure payment for services by verifying benefits with the person's insurance provider or working out financing options.
- Review, analyze and forecast cancellations, double bookings or changes in schedules.
Pay by Experience Level for Medical Scheduling Secretary
Median of all compensation (including tips, bonus, and overtime) by years of experience.
Respondents with less than five years' experience take home $27K on average. In contrast, those who have been around for five to 10 years earn a noticeably higher average of $32K. Medical Scheduling Secretaries who work for 10 to 20 years in their occupation tend to earn about $35K. Respondents who boast more than two decades on the job don't boast commensurate pay, unfortunately; these veterans see average earnings of only $32K.
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Medical Scheduling Secretary
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 6 votes.