Medical Scheduling Secretary Salary
|Hourly Rate||$10.57 - $19.04|
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|$22,164 - $39,368|
Job Description for Medical Scheduling Secretary
- Interview patients to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms.
- Schedule, confirm and maintain patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries and medical consultations for a specific department.
- Explain objectives and procedures to interviewees, or forward questions to appropriate physician or staff member.
- Ensure payment for services by verifying benefits with the person's insurance provider or working out financing options.
- Review, analyze and forecast cancellations, double bookings or changes in schedules.
Medical Scheduling Secretary Job Listings
Pay by Experience Level for Medical Scheduling Secretary
Pay by Experience for a Medical Scheduling Secretary has a positive trend. An entry-level Medical Scheduling Secretary with less than 5 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $27,000 based on 15 salaries provided by anonymous users. Average total compensation includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay. A Medical Scheduling Secretary with mid-career experience which includes employees with 5 to 10 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $32,000 based on 29 salaries. An experienced Medical Scheduling Secretary which includes employees with 10 to 20 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $35,000 based on 9 salaries. A Medical Scheduling Secretary with late-career experience which includes employees with greater than 20 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of $32,000 based on 10 salaries.
Related Job Salaries
Key Stats for Medical Scheduling Secretary
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 6 votes.