Technical recruiters are in charge of researching, screening, and selecting talented candidates with technical abilities for hiring organizations. They manage and analyze candidate experience, and pick the individual(s) that best fit with provided position requirements. Technical recruiters use their networking abilities to find the best talent in the market, and they make work offers based on their technical skills. In addition, they must accompany these technical candidates through the process of screening, interviewing, hiring, and on-boarding. They also monitor the effectiveness of recruiting efforts and tools. Additionally, they also complete administrative paperwork and technical evaluation of prospective technical professionals; they also administer tests designed to assess candidates' skills.
Technical recruiters are problem solvers and pay strong attention to detail. They work in an office environment and use a personal computer with Internet access to research references. They must have advanced knowledge of technical positions in relevant fields, as they will be hiring for these positions on a regular basis. Technical recruiters must possess advanced interpersonal skills to communicate with candidates, as well as interview those individuals.
They must be highly organized, and have extensive knowledge of employment law, compensation, and compliance requirements.
This position requires a bachelor's degree in human resources or a similar field. Experience with recruiting for technical positions is preferred. Additional industry certifications are a plus.
Technical Recruiter Tasks
- Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring and business needs.
- May be involved in writing and posting job descriptions using appropriate technical terminology.
- Effectively source, screen and interview applicants for technical skills and ability.
- Advise managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures.
- Arrange for interviews and provide travel arrangements as necessary.