The average salary for a Territory Sales Manager is C$59,419 per year. A skill in Technical Sales is associated with high pay for this job. Pay for this job rises steadily for more experienced workers, but goes down noticeably for employees with more than 20 years' experience.

C$40,082 - C$81,233
C$40K
C$60K
C$81K
MEDIAN: C$59,545
10%
50%
90%
C$0C$95K
Salary C$40,082 - C$81,233
Bonus C$964 - C$19,933
Profit Sharing C$0.00 - C$10,000
Commission C$3,710 - C$58,175
Total Pay (?
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).
)
C$45,178 - C$95,928
  • Country: Canada
  • Currency: CAD
  • Updated: 20 Sep 2017
  • Individuals Reporting: 154

Find Out Exactly What You Should Be Paid

United States (change)

Common Career Paths for Territory Sales Manager


Add this chart to your site:   640px 640px    300px 300px

Territory Sales Manager Job Listings

Popular Skills for Territory Sales Manager

Pay by Experience Level for Territory Sales Manager

Pay by Experience for a Territory Sales Manager has a positive trend. An entry-level Territory Sales Manager with less than 5 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of C$59,000 based on 62 salaries provided by anonymous users. Average total compensation includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay. A Territory Sales Manager with mid-career experience which includes employees with 5 to 10 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of C$68,000 based on 61 salaries. An experienced Territory Sales Manager which includes employees with 10 to 20 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of C$72,000 based on 55 salaries. A Territory Sales Manager with late-career experience which includes employees with greater than 20 years of experience can expect to earn an average total compensation of C$68,000 based on 28 salaries.

Pay Difference by Location

National Average: C$65,572

Larger city markers indicate a job is popular in that location.

Territory Sales Manager Reviews

Q: What is it like working as a Territory Sales Manager?

Territory Sales Manager in Burnaby:
"Commercial Territory Manager."
Pros: Relationship building, making sales, meeting new clients.
Cons: Unhappy clients, product issues, waiting for a quote.

Territory Sales Manager in Langley:
"Great Job and Company"
Pros: Great job. Lots of freedom to do things my own way. Lots of great relationships with my dealers. Dealers appreciate my hard work and expertise. The company appreciates my contributions. My co-workers are all very good people.
Cons: Compared to working for a larger firm, there is sometimes a lack of resources and manpower to take on certain projects.

Territory Sales Manager in Regina:
"Beer Sales"
Pros: I love the flexibility. It is rewarding when you do a great job and see your plans executed the way you envisioned them. You meet new people everyday and because you sell beer for a living it is very easy to conduct a conversation.
Cons: Well you sell beer. Beer = Calories. I would suggest setting up a weekly exercise program and really watch what you eat at home or you will see the pounds start to pile up. I was told that 90% of your total business comes from 10% of your customers. Which is true. The main issue you is that the other 90% of your customers expect to be treated like the 10% make up the majority of your sales. Learning to say "no" and still getting the sale is one of the best skills a beer sales rep can have.

Related Job Salaries

Key Stats for Territory Sales Manager

Gender

Female
34 %
Male
66 %

Job Satisfaction

Highly satisfied
Rated 4 out of 5
based on 23 votes.
Less than 1 year
4%
1-4 years
25%
5-9 years
29%
10-19 years
27%
20 years or more
15%
ADVERTISEMENT
Location:
Years in Fields/Career:
United States (change)

Experience Affects Territory Sales Manager Salaries

▲9%

▲3%

▲3%

National Average
C$66,000

▼10%

Skills That Affect Territory Sales Manager Salaries

Technical Sales
▲41%

▲3%


National Average
C$66,000


Sales
▼5%

Job Satisfaction

Highly satisfied
Rated 4 out of 5
based on 23 votes.

Gender

Female
34 %
Male
66 %

Years of Experience

Less than 1 year
4%
1-4 years
25%
5-9 years
29%
10-19 years
27%
20 years or more
15%

Common Health Benefits

medical benefits
Medical: 90%
dental benefits
Dental: 83%
vision benefits
Vision: 67%
no benefits
None: 7%
ADVERTISEMENT