The average salary for a Mid-Career Director of Loss Prevention is $70,124.
Is Director of Loss Prevention your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$46k - $119k
$47k - $117k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Director of Loss Prevention
Directors of loss prevention work primarily in retail organizations in which merchandise is in high demand, and their work is essential to these organizations to prevent loss of inventory. They are responsible for investigating situations in which products may be missing or stolen, as well as overseeing other loss prevention officers and performing audits throughout departments to ensure nothing has been stolen. They also record daily, weekly, and monthly reports for company executives which pro…Read more
Director of Loss Prevention Tasks
- Supervise and direct a team of loss prevention personnel, and evaluate the performance of individuals and the department.
- Develop and implement strategies and technology for reducing shrink in all of a company's stores.
- Coordinate investigations of stolen merchandise, property, or cash, with local managers and the police.
- Institute programs which reduce losses, such as discouraging internal dishonesty and teaching employees how to identify shoplifters.
- Oversee store audits of merchandise and cash, and ensure audits comply with company policies and procedures.
Explore the most common career paths for Director of Loss Prevention. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
Director of Loss Prevention
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Director of Loss Prevention Job Listings
Popular Skills for Director of Loss Prevention
Pay by Experience Level for Director of Loss Prevention
An early career Director of Loss Prevention with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $61,042 based on 10 salaries. An experienced Director of Loss Prevention with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $87,117 based on 46 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $88,738.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 133 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$41k - $102k
$32k - $70k
$34k - $68k
$50k - $150k
$40k - $83k
$32k - $67k
$44k - $170k
$38k - $115k
$41k - $117k
$33k - $58k