Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Training Manager is $69,395
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Training Managers?
An entry-level Training Manager with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $53,514 based on 35 salaries. An early career Training Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $60,846 based on 578 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Training Managers Do?
A training manager is responsible for working with departments, perhaps the entire company, to identify training needs. They also may be responsible for researching, conducting, and coordinating training. A training manager may need to supervise team trainers, who conduct training for the other employees.
Training managers must be proficient in numerous areas to be successful. They often need to make their own training presentations or PowerPoints, as well as write lesson plans. They should …Read more
- Coach and support staff through operational changes and supervision issues.
- Create, refine, and disseminate training manuals and other educational materials.
- Prepare training budget and evaluate instructor costs and performance.
- Support performance management and review process for supervisors and employees.
- Lead and evaluate training programs, orientation, and personnel development.