Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Vice President (VP), Commercial Lending is $101,806
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Vice President (VP), Commercial Lendings?
An early career Vice President (VP), Commercial Lending with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $81,975 based on 19 salaries. A mid-career Vice President (VP), Commercial Lending with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $99,229 based …Read more
What Do Vice President (VP), Commercial Lendings Do?
Vice president (VP) of commercial lending positions are available at banks and similar institutions. They work within the institution's market to find key loan-providing opportunities that fit the goals and requirements of the bank. Daily tasks include analyzing a wide variety of financial statements, structuring loan terms and fees, approving or recommending loans, counseling potential borrowers financially, and conducting presentations with senior management staff. All of these tasks help …Read more
- Manage a team of loan officers structuring and writing loans, reviewing their work and maintaining quality standards.
- Provide customers with financial counseling, and recommend bank products which fit their needs.
- Monitor the status of problem loans and work with customers to make sure the loan is repaid.
- Negotiate, underwrite, and structure high level loans, and submit proposals for approval.
- Develop customer and referral networks, identifying and pursuing opportunities for loan sales.