Digital marketing managers are in charge of developing and complete marketing projects according to the organization's goals and values. They must create efficient, effective advertising strategies in digital spaces to promote products or services. Most digital marketing managers focus on increasing sales and brand loyalty by holding events or campaigns to increase awareness and satisfaction. Digital marketing managers must have an expert-level knowledge of e-commerce and the ever-changing digital marketplace. In addition, an advanced understanding of Internet regulations and standards is a plus. Technical abilities such as a mastery of SEO (search engine optimization) is necessary, as is the ability to establish or maintain online brand recognition for their company.
Most digital marketing managers work in an office setting during regular business hours. Their main tools are a computer with Internet connection, computer software such as Adobe suite of applications for developing marketing initiatives, a projector for group presentations, and Microsoft Office programs. Digital marketing managers need to have sharp communication skills, as they typically manage a development group to reach their objectives. They usually report their progress to the president of the marketing department, and they may communicate directly with clients and the general public.
A bachelor's degree is needed for this position. A master's degree in marketing and hands-on experience with marketing and e-commerce is preferred.
Digital Marketing Manager Tasks
- Lead website development and oversee all customer-facing digital communication channels.
- Track growth and maintain analytics reports to provide up-to-date information to upper management.
- Build effective teams, manage multiple projects, and supervise collaboration between departments in order to drive positive business growth.
- Develop and implement strategies for new media and digital marketing teams.
- Coordinate online marketing campaigns on all social and digital media platforms.