Executive Director of Marketing Salary
The average pay for an Executive Director of Marketing is $130,858 per year. Most people in this job have more than five years' experience in related jobs.
Job Description for Executive Director of Marketing
Executive directors of marketing are responsible for overseeing all marketing operations for their organizations, including providing leadership to motivate marketing professionals to reach all company objectives within given time-frames. They also develop marketing strategies to complete project goals and satisfy client and company needs and review timelines and costs while developing budgets and schedules.Read More...
Executive marketing directors work in an office environment and use word processors and spreadsheet software, and also research new ways to market products or services and implement different programs based on clients' feedback. Strong communication skills are important in this position to explain marketing concepts in a non-technical manner, and they must also be organized and pay close attention to detail. These directors analyze distribution, consumer patterns, and promotional data to see which regions and target-markets will acquire their offerings, and they're also tasked with conducting marketing meetings to review marketing project progress and performance. They may help implement new technology and online methods to reach a wider audience, and also write complex reports about their findings and conduct marketing analyses based on campaign results. Some may assist with advertising and report any issues to the chief executive director in the organization, and they work with the public relations department on a regular basis to share information about current expectations.
A bachelor's degree in marketing may be a minimum requirement for this position, and years of prior experience in the field are also required by some employers. Marketing and leadership certifications are also helpful.
Executive Director of Marketing Tasks
- Set measurable benchmarks for the marketing department and guide the company to attainment of those goals.
- Craft a clear, unique marketing strategy that is in line with the company's brand.
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with media outlets and industry publications.
- Develop and manage an annual budget that will ensure marketing resources are used effectively.
- Coordinate with other executive leaders and manage marketing resources across all departments to ensure the marketing strategy is executed cohesively throughout the organization.