Radiology Scheduling Clerk Salary
The average pay for a Radiology Scheduling Clerk is $13.19 per hour. People in this job generally don't have more than 20 years' experience.
|Hourly Rate||$10.46 - $17.36|
|Total Pay (||$21,911 - $36,092|
Job Description for Radiology Scheduling Clerk
Radiology scheduling clerks are responsible for making appointments for clients that are under the care of a radiologist. These clerks need to greet clients in a friendly manner and schedule appointments over the phone and in person. They also need to have general knowledge of their office's rules, regulations and procedures. The radiology scheduling clerk is normally responsible for keeping all patient records organized and up to date. Sending X-rays, CDs with X-rays on them, ultrasound reports and other diagnostic results are part of the clerk's daily duties as well. Radiology scheduling clerks are responsible for answering phones and general questions about procedures. Radiology scheduling clerks should be prepared to work with a high volume of clients each day, although this may depend on their office, its geographical location and the time of year.Read More...
To become a radiology scheduling clerk, an individual must have a high school diploma or equivalent; additional education is generally not required. Previous reception experience is generally required or preferred. Radiology scheduling clerks should have excellent communication skills, and they need to be able to type quickly and accurately since much of their work is performed on a computer. They should work well with a wide variety of colleagues and patients as well.
Radiology Scheduling Clerk Tasks
- Interview patients to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms.
- Schedule, confirm and maintain patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries and medical consultations for a specific department.
- Explain objectives and procedures to interviewees, or forward questions to appropriate physician or staff member.
- Ensure payment for services by verifying benefits with the person's insurance provider or working out financing options.
- Review, analyze and forecast cancellations, double bookings or changes in schedules.
Key Stats for Radiology Scheduling Clerk