Sales and Business Development Director with Sales Management Skills Salary (Canada)
The average pay for a Sales and Business Development Director with Sales Management skills is C$80,000 per year.
|Salary||C$48,479 - C$162,139|
|Bonus||C$2,517 - C$49,665|
|Commission||C$4,122 - C$75,250|
|Total Pay (||C$52,382 - C$197,676|
Job Description for Sales and Business Development Director
A sales and business development director holds a senior position and provides oversight related to the business' sales and development ventures. The director is responsible for drafting and creating the sales policies that conform to the general corporate policies established by the board and executives. They spend a considerable amount of time developing macro-level sales strategies that then must be implemented by individual sales managers.Read More...
The sales director often performs essential human resource tasks, the most important of which is the screening, recruiting, and training of the company's sales managers. The sales director often also has a large role in the screening, recruitment, and training of sales representatives. To ensure that the sales strategies are appropriately carried out, the director must make sure that the sales teams have the tools necessary to implement the sales plan.
In focusing on business development, the director examines what avenues the business can take to open itself up to new economic possibilities. More than just finding new clients, the business development plan must find new blocks of clients that can be accessed by new strategies.
Due to it being a senior-level position that requires a considerable amount of business savvy, the position generally requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree and a decade of sales experience. The director works in a general office environment and may need to travel on occasion to meet with high-value clients. (Copyright 2018 PayScale.com)
Sales and Business Development Director Tasks
- Oversee staff operations, business planning, budget development and expenditures toward achievement of objectives.
- Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Develop objectives, measurements and policies for the sales and business development departments.
- Plan and set the marketing and business development direction and strategy.
- Act as subject matter expert to senior leadership on issues relating to sales and business development.
Sales and Business Development Director Job Listings
Pay Difference by Location
Key Stats for Sales and Business Development Director
Rated 4 out of 5
based on 9 votes.