Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Owner / Operator, Restaurant is $72,285
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Owner / Operator, Restaurants?
An entry-level Owner / Operator, Restaurant with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $57,000 based on 5 salaries. An early career Owner / Operator, Restaurant with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $60,678 based on …Read more
What Do Owner / Operator, Restaurants Do?
The owner/operator of a restaurant is typically the top manager of either a privately owned or franchised location. He or she normally supervises middle managers to ensure that the restaurant meets quality and safety standards. The owner/operator also helps ensure accounting and bookkeeping is performed accurately. Additionally, they oversee day-to-day operations, interacting with staff and guests.
The owner/operator sets up the business plan for the restaurant, which includes establishing …Read more
- Oversee the operation of a restaurant, and coordinate employees and processes to ensure the restaurant runs efficiently.
- Maintain standards for food and service quality, safety, and sanitation.
- Manage the restaurant's administration, finances, and budget, working to ensure the establishment stays profitable.
- Ensure the restaurant building, facilities, and grounds are maintained and meet government regulations.
- Hire, train, and supervise restaurant managers, determine their duties, and evaluate their performance.