The average salary for a Relationship Banker at Huntington Bancshares Inc is $39,996.
Is Relationship Banker your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$38k - $42k
$983 - $3k
$0 - $3k
$26k - $47k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Relationship Banker
A relationship banker is an employee of a bank or other lending institution that is responsible for dealing with customers on a one-on-one basis. This may mean being assigned specific clients or patrons and subsequently handling all transactions and assistance for them, or it may simply mean that the banker works in the front of the bank, dealing with most personal interactions that require expert help that tellers cannot provide. This is a position that has become more crucial for banks as more…Read more
Relationship Banker Tasks
- Qualify potential members for membership by opening checking accounts, savings accounts, IRAs, CDs, and processing loan applications.
- Identify the needs of members by cross-selling and up-selling products and referring them to a personal banker.
- Authorize, approve, and research transactions; perform overrides, approve check holds, and make check cashing decisions.
- Process a variety of teller transactions including deposits, withdrawals, payments and transfers.
- Provide knowledge of products and services to consult with new members to identify products and services that best fit their needs.
Popular Employer Salaries for Relationship Banker
The top respondents for the job title Relationship Banker are from the companies Bank of America Corp. (BOFA), Chase Bank and J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (JPMCC). Reported salaries are highest at M&T Bank Corp where the average pay is $44,116. Other companies that offer high salaries for this role include Capital One Financial Corp and Citizens Financial Group, Inc., earning around $43,786 and $41,156, respectively. Chase Bank pays the lowest at around $36,218. Bank of America Corp. (BOFA) and J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (JPMCC) also pay on the lower end of the scale, paying $36,900 and $38,171, respectively.
Relationship Banker Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Relationship Banker
Skills in Customer Service are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Customer Relations and Banking.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 9 survey responses.