The average salary for a Travel Counselor at American Express Co. (AMEX) is $42,729.
Is Travel Counselor your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$38k - $48k
$4k - $15k
$35k - $64k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Travel Counselor
Travel counselors work directly with customers to arrange travel and handle issues as efficiently and quickly as possible; challenges can range from specific booking needs to dealing with changes in plans. Travel counselors must have excellent customer service skills, building trust and loyalty with clients to ensure repeat business. Additionally, these professionals typically must sell specific products (identified by their employer) to maximize revenue. Additional duties performed by travel co…Read more
Travel Counselor Tasks
- Make all necessary travel arrangements for the client, including researching locations and booking flights, accommodations, and car rental services.
- Negotiate pricing on behalf of the client with hotels, airlines, travel companies, and other considerations.
- Ensure all travel expenses remain within an established budget.
- Offer the client detailed information about sightseeing, weather, and local customs and culture.
- Consult clients to ascertain travel needs and expectations, then make appropriate recommendations.
Popular Employer Salaries for Travel Counselor
Travel Counselor Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Travel Counselor
Skills that pay less than market rate include Sabre, Customer Service and Travel Planning.
Pay by Experience Level for Travel Counselor
An experienced Travel Counselor with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $38,660 based on 6 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $45,495.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 15 survey responses.