The average salary for a Sales Representative, Pharmaceuticals with Oncology skills is $108,419.
Is Sales Representative, Pharmaceuticals your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$53k - $141k
$20k - $35k
$0 - $3k
$53k - $165k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Sales Representative, Pharmaceuticals
Sales representatives in the pharmaceutical industry have a number of responsibilities, including calling on existing and potential clients to establish new accounts, obtain orders, service existing accounts, and implement brand strategies intended to convey the company's marketing message. They must also adjust the content of sales presentations to be client-specific and reflect any changes in products, services, policies, or competitive development. Pharmaceutical sales representatives strive…Read more
Sales Representative, Pharmaceuticals Tasks
- Prepare and maintain records for sales leads and progress status of accounts.
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers' needs, and on technical knowledge of product capabilities.
- Build relationships and identify the prospect's need for the products or services.
- Attend special training of products or services to understand technical aspects of solutions.
- Sell the organization's technical products to established customers or develop new prospects within assigned territory.
Sales Representative, Pharmaceuticals Job Listings
Popular Skills for Sales Representative, Pharmaceuticals
Skills that pay less than market rate include Sales Management, Strategic Sales, Account Sales, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Field Sales.
Pay by Experience Level for Sales Representative, Pharmaceuticals
An experienced Sales Representative, Pharmaceuticals with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $108,090 based on 8 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $130,500.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 13 survey responses.