First things first, ladies: give yourselves a well-deserved pat on the back for continuing to fight the good fight for women’s equality – even if it is the same battle we’ve been fighting since 1776 when Abigail Adams pleaded for John Adams to “remember the ladies” when penning the Constitution. The good news is that women have come a long way since then and are making huge strides in their fight for equality, especially in the workplace. Here are 15 inspiring quotes to help motivate you to continue your quest to bring women parity in their careers once and for all.
(Photo Credit: iluvcocacola/Flickr)
1. “Empowered women empower women.” – Lindsey Leifken
2. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
3. “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” – Sara Blakely, Spanx
4. “The first problem for all of us, men and women, is not to learn, but to unlearn.” – Gloria Steinem
5. “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.” – Beyonce
6. “Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.” -Unknown
7. “Dear optimist, pessimist, and realist — while you guys were busy arguing about the glass of wine, I drank it! Sincerely, the opportunist!” – Lori Greiner, “Queen of QVC”
8. “Strong women don’t play victim, don’t make themselves look pitiful, and don’t point the finger. They stand and they deal.” – Mandy Hale
9. “I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” – Emma Stone
10. “The strongest actions for a women is to love herself, be herself, and shine amongst those who never believed she could.” – Unknown
11. “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” – Coco Chanel
12. “And though she be but little, she is fierce.” – William Shakespeare
13. “As a woman I have no country. …As a woman my country is the whole world.” – Virginia Woolf
14. “We must raise both the ceiling and the floor.” – Sheryl Sandberg
15. “We must carry forward the work of the women who came before us and ensure our daughters have no limits on their dreams, no obstacles to their achievements, and no remaining ceilings to shatter.” – President Barack Obama
Now, go out there and get ’em, tiger. The world is your oyster.
Tell Us What You Think
What are some of your favorite inspirational quotes? Share yours on Twitter or in the comments section below.