By Elise Oras, PayScale.com
What's going on in the world of salary, career and wages? We pulled together some of the stories you may have missed this past week.
- Business Insider highlights the jobs where pay is finally recovering from the recession.
- The show will go on; the cast of The Simpsons accepts a pay cut.
- You don’t need a degree to earn a good paycheck: 10 Best-Paid Skilled Labor Jobs
- Is #OccupyWallStreet is a just a passing phase?
- 103,000 jobs were added to the US Economy in September, but the unemployment rate remains at 9.1%.
- Learning to say, “No,” and other career risks worth trying.
- With half of all US workers reporting they are unhappy with their job, think about how to find a job you love.
- In the UK, stress is now the leading cause of long term sick leave.
- Job searching can lead to stress and low self esteem. Learn tips to give you the added confidence you need to land your next gig.
- Retailers are expecting to hire more (or at least the same) amount seasonal workers for the holidays.
And finally, the world lost a visionary and innovator passed away this past Wednesday from pancreatic cancer. In pictures: Steve Jobs’ career